Return To School
Welcome to the 2021-2022 School Year!
*Please check back often as we will be updating this page often.
Below you will find Beginning of Year forms which need completion for the upcoming school year. Most of the forms are electronic. Required forms must be completed prior to August 23.
Please note: WeCare does not work with the Chrome browser. If you experience additional difficulties, please check here for help with WeCare.
|Emergency Care Form||Form required for all students. Complete via WeCare|
|Health Information Form||
Complete via WeCare*.
|Digital Tools Consent Form||Review software and tools used at Carson here and complete consent form.|
|After School Program Registration||All students complete this regardless of intent to participate.|
If you do not currently have a SIS parent account, please complete the following support form to receive an activation key.
Rachel Carson MS Transition Events
- 7th and 8th grade students only
- Transportation available from feeder elementary schools
- Students will walk schedule and meet their teachers
- All students and families welcome
- 7th Grade students and families: 1:00-3:00PM
- 8th Grade students and families 3:30-5:30PM
- Visit School Clinic: Drop off medication and health forms
- Open House format
- Self-guided building tour
7th Grade Immunization Requirement Notice
All students entering 7th grade will be required to receive one dose of each of the following immunizations prior to the beginning of school: Tetanus, Diphtheria and Pertussis booster (Tdap), and Meningococcal vaccine (MenACWY).
7th grade students cannot begin school in August without proper Tdap and Meningococcal documentation.
Please provide one of the following documents to RCMS by Aug. 16th. You may drop immunization records off in the main office or email them to Andrea Tawil at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- An updated immunization record showing that the student has received these immunizations.
- A note on a healthcare provider’s letterhead stating the date the vaccines were given.
- A healthcare provider’s written statement of a permanent or temporary medical exemption.
- A notarized Religious Exemption Form
Immunizations are available from your student's healthcare provider or the Fairfax County Health Department. The Health Department clinic locations and hours are available online or by calling 703-246-2411.