Hello Students and Parents!
Welcome or Welcome Back to Carson! We hope you all had a relaxing and fun summer break. It is nice to see so many happy faces finding their way through the hallways, and catching up with old friends. Middle School is an exciting period because students get to have more independence, pick their own electives, learn lots of new things, and meet new friends. We are thrilled to be part of this exciting voyage, and help our students navigate through their middle school years. We believe all students have something special about them, and it is our goal to help our students identify those positive strengths in themselves. We look forward to meeting all our new students this school year, along with seeing our returning 8th graders during our counselor introduction lessons which will take place in early September. We also look forward to meeting you parents at our Back To School Nights, and forming collaborative relationships with all of you. We want you parents to know that we are here to support you and your students with whatever issues you may have, so please do not hesitate to reach out to us. Below are some tips to help students get started on the right track this school year:
1) Participate in class by volunteering an answer or asking a question if you don't understand something.
2) Do your homework and pay attention in class
3) Stay after-school for extra help, if needed. Late Buses start on Monday, September 24th and the days will be Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
4) Get involved in school and consider joining an after-school club/activity. (The list of clubs will come out in a couple of weeks.).
5) Be Nice and Respectful towards your classmates and adults.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us below. If you would like to schedule a meeting with us, please call or email us at first.
Have a great school year from your RCMS Counselors!