School Improvement & Innovation Plan
Outcome goals for this academic school year
School Innovation and Improvement Plan At-a-Glance
Rachel Carson Elementary School
Gordon Stokes, Principal
End of Year SMARTR Raise the Bar Goal
By June 2019, all students at RCMS will demonstrate their growth in the 4Cs through a self-reflective assessment by maintaining or reaching an average score of 2.5 (between developing and proficient) of the 4 C’s on the scoring guide of Student Self-Assessments.
- Students will self-reflect on their growth in the 4Cs throughout the year.
- Students will be explicitly taught the 4Cs referencing the 4Cs poster throughout the year.
- All Collaborative Learning Teams will align their SMARTR Goals based upon the 4C’s.
End of Year SMARTR Close the Gap Goal
By June 2019, all identified students will show academic growth in reading by passing the Reading SOL or showing improvement in their lexile levels as determined by the RI.
- Identify students requiring reading support.
- All teachers will be knowledgeable of the identified students’ reading levels and understand the implications to their content areas.
- Implement targeted interventions
End of Year SMARTR PBIS Goal
By June 2019: a. inappropriate device related discipline incidents will decrease by 15% (as compared to the baseline data from SY 2016-17 and 2017-18). b. referral-related discipline incidents will decrease by 15% (as compared to the baseline data from SY 2016-17 and 2017-18).
- Students will participate in Respect lessons in Panther Time and RC-TV to support behavior and responsible device use by all students.
- Provide activities and resources to teachers and students to use during class to reinforce expected behavior with Respect.