Computer Tech Help
These common troubleshooting tips may help you:
Issues logging into your laptop after resetting your password? - Your laptop remembers the last password you used from an FCPS building. In order to sign in to your laptop with your new password you will need to sign in from an FCPS building. If you live close to a school or if you want to come to Carson MS, you can remain in your car and just be parked close to the building. Restart the computer a couple times and then login. This will sync the laptop and allow you to login with the new password.
If you are experiencing a licensing error you may try going to any FCPS site (any school you live closest to or Carson MS) remain in your vehicle parked close to the building. You do not need to go inside. Restart the computer a couple times and then login. If you continue to have issues, please put in a ticket below on the IT Support Site.
Microphone and camera issues are the most common request for help. Ensure that Google Chrome has been set to allow the microphone and camera by opening a site like Blackboard Collaborate Ultra that uses the camera and microphone. Look for the camera icon in the upper right of the Chrome window. Choose allow camera and microphone. If it still doesn't work, click manage to open the chrome setting and ensure that camera and mic are not blocked.
- Your login to G Suite and Google Classroom is your student number.
- Forgot or Need to Change Your Password for FCPS 24-7, SIS Account, Google, or the FCPS Network?
- Recover or reset a forgotten password or change an existing password by through the FCPS password management page.
- Submit a ticket on our parent and student IT support portal and an FCPS technology support person will be back in touch with you as soon as possible.
Parent Technology Help Desk
- To support families who are working with their children during distance learning, Fairfax County Public Schools now has a Parent Technology Help Desk. The number is 833-921-FCPS. It will be answered by staff 7 a.m.to 11 p.m., seven days a week. If the help desk is unable to solve the issue on the phone with the parent or guardian, they will enter a ticket on the parent’s behalf and the request for help will be transferred to the appropriate FCPS team.